Saturday, February 24 @ 12:30pm and Sunday, February 25 @ 7:30pm
click here for tickets
DAVID HOCKNEY AT THE ROYAL ACADEMY OF ARTS
Widely considered Britain’s most popular artist, David Hockney is a global sensation with exhibitions in London, New York, Paris and beyond, attracting millions of visitors worldwide. Now entering his 9th decade, Hockney shows absolutely no evidence of slowing down or losing his trademark boldness. Featuring intimate and in-depth interviews with Hockney, this revealing film focuses on two blockbuster exhibitions held in 2012 and 2016 at the Royal Academy of Art in London.
SPECIAL! The Artist’s Garden: American Impressionism
One screening only with director Phil Grabsky in attendance.
Thursday, March 29 @ 1pm
- The Artist’s Garden follows the sell-out exhibition The Artist’s Garden: American Impressionism and the Garden Movement, 1887-1920, on its journey from the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts to the ‘home’ of the movement – Florence Griswold’s colony at Old Lyme.
Cézanne – Portraits of a Life
Saturday, April 14 @ 12:30pm and Sunday, April 15 @ 7:30pm
Based on the ‘once in a lifetime’ touring exhibition
- Go behind-the-scenes at the three leading international galleries hosting the first-ever comprehensive exhibition of Cézanne’s portraits – The National Portrait Gallery, London; Musée d’Orsay Paris; and National Gallery of Art, Washington DC.
- Discover the inner life of the “father of modern art” through his personal letters and private spaces, with extensive filming across southern France.
Vincent Van Gogh: A New Way of Seeing
Saturday, May 19 @ 12:30pm and Sunday, May 20 @ 7:30pm
From the Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam
- Perhaps more than any other artist, Van Gogh’s life has long captured the imagination of storytellers. Delving deep into his fascinating and sometimes deeply troubled world comes this definitive, award-winning documentary directed by David Bickerstaff.
- Showcasing Van Gogh’s iconic works like never before and featuring exclusive interviews with the curatorial team at the Van Gogh Museum.
I, CLAUDE MONET
Saturday, June 23 @ 12:30pm and Sunday, June 24 @ 7:30pm
Claude Monet is back by popular demand, revealing the heart and soul of arguably the world’s most loved artist.
- Monet’s life is a gripping tale about a man who, behind his sun-dazzled canvases, suffered from feelings of depression, loneliness, even suicide. However, as his art developed and his love of gardening led to the glories of his Giverny garden, his humor, insight and love of life are revealed.
- Told through Monet’s own words and shot on location at the very spots he painted, the film features his most loved paintings in an unforgettable, immersive art experience.
General Admission – $16.00
Seniors and College Students – $13.50
a/v society members – $12.50