As an independent, nonprofit, art house cinema, a/perture relies on the support of our community. We’re looking for a team of engaged volunteers who can enhance the member experience by serving as onsite ushers and greeters during the check-in process – we’re calling these volunteers a/ttendants.
What to expect:
- 3 hour shift from either currently from 4-7pm or 7-10pm on Friday and Saturday or 12:30-3:30pm on Sundays. We will be adding more shifts as the program gains volunteers.
- Being on your feet before showtimes, whether standing or walking
- Greeting and welcoming patrons as they arrive
- Engaging in conversation with patrons as they wait in line for Tickets / Concessions
- Expediting check-in process for patrons by ensuring members who already have their tickets and are waiting to be seated upon arrival are not unnecessarily waiting in the Tickets / Concessions line
- Ushering patrons to designated theatre
- Ensuring Tickets / Concessions line organized in the lobby
- Wearing a Black or White shirt colored shirt (not dressy, suggested not required)
- Wearing a name tag
- Working under the direction of cinema staff
- Being responsible for your own transportation and parking. (We suggest parking behind Benton Convention Center at corner of 6th St. and Cherry St.)
- Providing shift cancellation notice a minimum of 24 hours prior to shift.
What’s in it for you?
- One ticket voucher per each completed 3 hour shift
- Community Service hours for students (in lieu of ticket voucher if necessary)
- No commitment – Volunteer as often as you’d like
- Assist with exclusive special events
- Contributing to the success of the local arts community