In the fall of 2018, we set out to make a/perture cinema a more environmentally efficient and sustainable organization. Our efforts have included the following:
- We serve our popcorn, fountain drinks, coffee / tea, beer and wine in compostable products
- We compost the above, along with any food waste and napkins / paper products with Gallins Family Farms. Annually they compost over 5,000 lbs of our waste.
- Our candy is now recycled via the TerraCycle program.
- We offer only paper straws and serve 95% of bottled drinks from glass bottles.
- We educate our patrons on how to properly segment their waste in our bins
- Signage has been posted around the facility encouraging staff, visitors, and patrons to conserve resources
- Inefficient lighting continues to be replaced with efficient LED bulbs
- We source many of our concessions and merchandise locally from vendors including Bingo Bango Soda, Bumper Crop Rosemary Nuts, Black Mountain Chocolate, Wise Man Brewing, Foothills Brewing, Machine Gun Graphics, just to name a few.
- We are proud members of the Piedmont Environmental Alliance Green Business Network